Construction Industry Force Account Council

Promoting Transparency Through Public Agency Compliance

City Of Sunnyvale Charter Information

Section 1309. Contract on Public Works

Every project involving an expenditure of more than an amount to be determined from time to time by ordinance of the City Council, for the construction or improvement (excluding maintenance and repair) of public buildings, works, streets, drains, sewers, utilities, parks and playgrounds shall be let to the lowest responsible bidder after notice of publication in the official newspaper by one or more insertions, the first of which shall be at least ten days before the time for opening bids.

The City Council may reject any and all bids presented and may readvertise in its discretion.

The City Council. without advertising for bids, or after rejecting bids. or if no bids are received, may declare and determine that, in its opinion, the work in question may be performed better or more economically by the City with its own employees, and after adoption of a resolution to this effect by at least four affirmative votes it may proceed to have said work done in the manner stated, without further observance of the provisions of this section. Such contracts likewise may be let without advertising for bids, if such work shall be deemed by the City Council to be of urgent necessity for the preservation of life, health or property, shall be authorized by motion passed by at least four affirmative votes and containing a declaration of the facts constituting such urgency.

No advertising for bids or awarding of a contract based thereon shall be required when the improvement or work is to be furnished or performed by a public utility subject to the jurisdiction of the California Public Utilities Commission. (Amended effective July 8. 1968 and December 23, 1982)

Receive the Latest Legislative News, Progress Reports and Call-To-Action Notifications.
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: CIFAC, 2420 Martin Road, Suite 250, Fairfield, CA, 94534 United States, You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email.

Part-Time Researcher & Office Assistant